cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Lock / unlock code for ip phones

melvin.fong
Level 1
Level 1

I need to change the default code for the lock / unlock feature so endusers cannot play with phones. Can I do that? and while I am asking, can the default reset code used on the ip phone be changed to something else?

8 Replies 8

paul.harrison
Level 4
Level 4

Melvin,

I'm pretty sure you can't change the lock / unlock code from **# but if you are using CM 3.3 you can lock the settings menu away from the users.

That way they can't change anything.

Paul

Paul,

Thanks for the reply, I have done that. The only problem is the screen contrast and ringer is on that menu also. I was thinking about changing the menu so that it does not show the last three choices if I cannot change the codes.

Mel

Mel,

some would say that stopping users constantly changing the ring tone would be a good thing. :-)

Paul

Is there a list of these codes? or are there only the 2 sets (lock/unlock and reset)

thanks

It's just the two that I know of.

icabrera
Level 4
Level 4

At the phone configuration menu (Call manager 3.3) there is a parameter named "Setting access", the default value is "Enabled", if you change it to "Disabled" you can lock the setting key at the phone.

Regards

where could i find this parameter in ccm??

You will find it under "device", then "phone", then select a phone and on the phone configuration page at the bottom is where you will find the "settings access" option where you can enable or disable access to the "settings" key.

Hope this helps you, locking people from this also locks them out of adjusting their own ring volume.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: