cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Locking 7940/7960/7970 IP Phones

palves
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone know if one can manually lock/unlock a 7940/7960/7970 IP phone?

A customer has asked if this is possible. I can't think of any way to do this (perhaps a XML app of some kind with the IDLE URL?).

I know extension mobility is a workaround.... but would rather have a simpler solution...

Anyone know of anyway to do this?

thanks,

Paul

3 Replies 3

mohamedtag
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Palves ,

If you wish to use another thing other than the Extension Mobility , you can use the Force Authorization Code.

Regards

M.Tag

I had the same request for one of our offices where they were in a shared building and wanted to lock down phones after they leave for the day. I opened a Cisco TAC service request and basically was told that Extension Mobility was the only way to do what I was looking for. Forced Authorization Codes are find for a certain level of security, but they don't go as far as my customer required. I basically am using Extension Mobility where when nobody is logged in the phone can do nothing but dial an emergency number. I didn't search for any XML apps.

Hi,

If you don't want to allow any personnel to use your phones after hours you might want to take a look at the Filter option in CCM. This option allows you to permit/deny calls based on the time of the day.

Let me know if it helps.