Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Locking greetings changes

Hello,<br><br>One of my customer want some special procedures for the VIP like having a special scenario played instead of the standard greeting allowing the caller to leaves messages to alternate box without having to know the alternate number by pressing one key.<br><br>I have implemented that by a set of call handlers per user, the first handler on the chain called by the "after greeting action" of the alternate greeting of the VIP and a blang greeting for this VIP.<br><br>It works well (except for the work having to defines all of those handlers) but I have not found any way to prevent the VIP to record an alternate greeting or to switch to the standard greeting.<br><br>I have tried to reset the "Subscribers can record their own voice name " option but it just prevent the subscriber to record his name but still allows the user to change the greetings.<br><br>Is there any way to lock the users accessing or changing theirs own greeting when a special scenario is called.<br><br>Kind regards<br><br>Christian Chautems<br>Getronics Switzerland<br><br><br>

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
1 REPLY
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Locking greetings changes

There is no way to prevent a subscriber from getting at their greetings over the phone I'm afraid... I can't think of a way to do this other than to use a call handler with the VIP as a recipient to handle this (the VIP will have no ability to mess with a greeting on a call handler).

or you can ask the VIP nicely to not mess with their greetings...

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.