Views
Helpful
Replies

Locking IP Phones

scuzzie
Level 1
Level 1

Hi People,

I believe using extension mobility it is possible to lock phones individually. However we are running 3.1(1) without the Extension Mobility. For call authorisation and accounting is there any way users can lock their phone to prevent other users misusing their phones.

Thanx in advance

3 Replies 3

mimckee
Level 1
Level 1

At this time I don't know of another way to do this with out implementing extenstion mobility.

Thank you,

-Mckee

I know of a school where a kid went around re-programming 7960s to point to phantom callmanagers. He tought it was funny...Cost the school alot of money to walk around behind him re-programming the phones..

I think you can put all the security in the world on something and someone will find a way to get around it if they want to bad enough. This conversation has been going on for years it started with whether to lock the door at you house or not. If your door is locked and someone wants in bad enough the break the window or do something else. In the work place you can try to hire the right people and hope to minimize this, but this is a different problem in a school environment.

Just my $.02,

-Mckee

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: