Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Log File Question

Hello - I have a customer running AD-120 ( NEC ver ) 2.4.5.73. There is one AD-120 site inside an exchange site with multiple servers. The Exchange Admin said that there was a noticible increase of WAN traffic between the AD-120 Server and the main Server where the mailboxes are homed; at night when there is not user activity - and he thought it may have something to do with this file:<br><br>AvLogMgrSvr_mc<br><br>Could be what is causing this ? What is this file and what does it do ? <br><br>Thank for your valuable help !<br><br>-Chris<br><br><br><br>

1 REPLY
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Log File Question

Well... unless reports were being run the log manager shouldn't have been doing anything other than cleaning up files on the local hard drive (i.e. removing old diag/data/report files left hanging around). It'll throw the occasional alarming looking error in the event log but is generally pretty harmless.

Why does he think this service has anything to do with it? Can you fill us in on his line of reasoning?

The only reason I can think of a bump in activity at night would be something along the lines of an MWI resync... any chance they have one set to do a full resync every night on the switch page?

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Views
Helpful
Replies