Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

joapplewhaite
Level 1
Level 1

I need to know how to log in to my extension from a different phone.

5 Replies 5

tringwelski_2
Level 1
Level 1

Your looking for Extension Mobility, which is a service included in the CRS engine, there are several steps needed to enable this feature, along with creating the login/logout service and installing the CRS application. If it is already setup on your system, you can just select your service button on the phone, the use your user id/pin which is the same one used for accessing your http://ccm/ccmuser web page.

-todd

You just need to download and install Cisco CallManager Extended Services, not CRS. CRS is for IPIVR, ICD, etc.

Why not? Todd is absolutly right. Extended Services are using CRS engine as well. Starting from CCM 3.3 extension mobility is integrated and doesn't need the CRS engine anymore

Yes it does use the CRS Engine, but you do not need to purchase the CRS software to get Extension Mobility. You just need "Cisco CallManager Extended Services" which can be downloaded via Cisco's website.

We are in the firs full week of our deployment if VoIP. The install is being done by a firm call Digital Precision here in Texas. They are really doing a bang up job. At the same time we are moving over 100 users into a new building.

I would have like to be able to spend more time looking over their shoulder but as the network and server guy I have been spending allot of time putting out fires.

Thanks for your help on this.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: