cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Logging for voip CDR

swong
Level 1
Level 1

I'm using a Unix syslog server to log my AS5300's voip traffic. However, I the log file is meaningless to me. The log information is like the example below:

Jan 20 10:36:35.054 GMT: %ISDN-6-CONNECT: Interface Serial2:27 is now connected to unknown

Jan 20 10:36:35.066 GMT: %VOIPAAA-5-VOIP_CALL_HISTORY: CallLegType 1, ConnectionId 65A50929 A12C0843 0 EAEFE4C, SetupTime 0, PeerAddress 666864333228998, PeerSubAddress , DisconnectCause 15 , DisconnectText call rejected., ConnectTime 0, DisconnectTime 0, CallOrigin 1, ChargedUnits 0, InfoType 2, TransmitPackets 0, TransmitBytes 0, ReceivePackets 0, ReceiveBytes 0

I can't find the call duration in my log file. Is any method to get a more detail log file for VOIP using syslog server? How can I log the "show call history voice brief" result into my log server?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

bstremp
Level 2
Level 2

I’m fairly confident you’ll need to implement a AAA server like Cisco Secure, because the syslog info isn’t enough. Maybe this will help: http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/access/acs_serv/5300/iosinfo/ios_mods/sprvvoip.htm

briggs.simon
Level 1
Level 1

There are a number of syslog analysis tools on the market that you can customize to perform reporting functions for all types of interesting things like this take a look at Private-I and Telemate

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: