Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Logging user input during call/directory handler

Hello

Is it possible to log, monitor user/caller input during call/directory handlers? Just so that we can keep an eye on what keys users are pressing and trying to use. Thanks

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Logging user input during call/directory handler

You can see what keys are being pressed exactly for debugging purposes using the updated Port Status Monitor (available on www.CiscoUnityTools.com) - but I suspect that's not what you want.

You can see what folks are doing in call handlers (i.e. how they exit them and where they go) using the Call Handler Traffic report in the System Reports section of the SA - this should tell you what you need to know insofar as call handler interaction goes. There's no equivalent for directory handler use, however.

Re: Logging user input during call/directory handler

Thanks

The only reason I ask this question is because users are entering into the directory handler to search for an employee and this user claims that he enters the first 2 letters of the first name properly, but is then routed to the wrong voicemail. When I call in from an outside line and try this very same search, for the same person, I get routed properly. I just want to make sure that it is not user error and that the proper keys are in fact being pressed. Thanks.

Views
Helpful
Replies