cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Login failures

jeremy.rogers
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer with an 7 server cluster. They recently upgraded to 3.3. About a week later they went through and changed the administrator password on all of the machines. Since they did, there have been numerous problems. One of the sites keeps dropping into temporary failover mode and then bounces back. It looks as though they are losing their connection to the publisher at the main site. I have been getting the following errors in the event viewer:

Event Type: Warning

Event Source: W3SVC

Event Category: None

Event ID: 100

Date: 4/7/2004

Time: 1:14:17 PM

User: N/A

Computer: NT-MC-CM04

Description:

The server was unable to logon the Windows NT account 'administrator' due to the following error: Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password. The data is the error code.

For additional information specific to this message please visit the Microsoft Online Support site located at: http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp.

Data:

0000: 2e 05 00 00 ....

Event Type: Error

Event Source: Cisco CallManager

Event Category: None

Event ID: 3

Date: 4/2/2004

Time: 9:07:50 PM

User: N/A

Computer: NT-MC-CM04

Description:

Error: SDLLinkOOS - SDL link to remote application out of service.

Local node ID: 4

Local Application ID.: 100

Remote IP address of remote application: 10.255.255.241

RemoteNodeID: 2

Remote application ID.: 100

Unique Link ID.: 4:100:2:100

App ID: Cisco CallManager

Cluster ID: NT-MC-CM01-Cluster

Node ID: 10.64.41.240

Explanation: This alarm indicates that the local Cisco CallManager has lost communication with the remote Cisco CallManager. This alarm usually indicates network errors or a nonrunning remote Cisco CallManager.

Recommended Action: Investigate why the remote Cisco CallManager is not running or whether a network problem exists..

I also have a good number of phones and gateways that keep unregistering. I have no idea why this is happening. I think that part of it may be relaterd to them changing the local administrator account password on all the servers. Im not sure of all the places that would have to change to try and rectify the situation. Can anyone help?

1 Reply 1

tvanblon
Level 1
Level 1

You might need to restart all the services since the password has changed.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: