cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Long delay after dialing the number before connection is made

trevor.hanekamp
Level 1
Level 1

I have a route pattern for 1-800 numbers. When the user dials the number the delay before connection is so long that users think the call did not go through.

5 Replies 5

msolak
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

i think you have to change the "t302" Timer on the CallManager Service Parameters.

4 seconds is a good value.

Regards

Mehmet

I'm thinking maybe it's waiting for interdigit timeout. What do the rest of your route patterns look like? If you have an overlapping pattern it may be unable to distinguish it from the other and waits to see if you are going to enter more digits.

carpentb
Level 1
Level 1

you can either change the dialing time or program # to send the call. if you program # to send the call, this will allow slower dialing users to effectively make phone calls and relieve frustration on faster dialing users.

azam_anwar
Level 2
Level 2

I had a similar issue, and it was due to there being no matching route pattern. In that case it waits for the interdigit timeout value to expire (default is approx 10-15sec) before forwarding the call. Check the route pattern for the numbers that are being tried, and verify that there is no overlapping pattern that's taking precedence.

You can indeed set a # as a terminating character, that will instruct the call to be placed, but many users i've come across complain about having to do it.

You could also decrease the interdigit timeout value, but this would not be my preferred option. NB. If you set the value to low, it can cause problems with faxes if they are running via the ccm.

Stick with Route Patterns!

trevor.hanekamp
Level 1
Level 1

I just wanted to post the email I got from TAC which resolved the problem.

Thanks for the responses...

"Since you have a route pattern 1800! and another one for 9.18005005750. Even after the digits are all collected and the Call Manager finds an exact match. The Call Manager will not send the digit right away because of the router pattern 1800! it will wait for interdigit time out. Try changing the 1800! to 1800XXXXXXX. This way as soon as the Call manager get the same number of digits and finds an exact match it will not wait for interdigit timeout to expire."