Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started.

Long delay between last digit pressed and ringing tone via E1

E1 problem.

The symptoms are as follows:

When a user dials out from an IP phone, the time between the last digit being pressed and the ringing to begin is quite long. Sometimes it iss so long it drops out before the ringing can start.

In the meantime , our customers have mentioned the same symptoms when they call us as well.

Haven't done any debugs as yet. What specific debug will help isolate the problem?

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
3 REPLIES

Re: Long delay between last digit pressed and ringing tone via E

This would sound like an inter-digit delay problem that is from some sort of dialing plan issue, but I don't think it would cause the gateway to timeout before ringback.

I would get a detailed CCM trace on the CallManager so we can see what dial plan rule you are matching as the digits are pressed.

I would also debug ISDN q921, ISDN q931, and ccapi inout on the gateway.

I have attached the Router Plan and the Gateway config from the Call Manager. I think it is because of wildcards like 0.0011! and 0.14! that this problem is happening for outgoing calls. For incoming calls it is because the Router has under voip dial peers destination-pattern of 0T rather than a more specific number match.

Hello,

We can't see the partitions of the Route Pattern, are you sure you don't have overlapping Route Patterns?

What's your T302 timeout?

bye

Views
Helpful
Replies