cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Long Distance Code setup

jniederauer
Level 1
Level 1

I'm migrating from an old Lucent Definity system 75 and currently using CallManager 3.0(8).

Our old system could assign extensions to groups which could control routing patterns... I'm sure CM does the same thing, but I need help -- I have three classes of phones I need to implement:

1) Classroom phone - This phone can receive calls, and if anyone tries to make an outside call (9.@) it then prompts for their personal ID# / long distance/billing code

2) Office phone - This phone receives calls and can make local calls without a billing code; long distance calls require a billing code.

3) Executive phone - No long distance code restrictions.

Is there any way to implement this? I'd like each individual person to have their own billing code, and don't want to have them "log in" to the phone... it should be a simple dial 4 digits for an outside line setup.

Thanks for any direction you can provide.

-JDN

5 Replies 5

dgoodwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

We don't have anything built into CallManager to support codes at the moment. You could use an external solution such as IP-IVR to implement this, or if you are using AS5300 for the gateway you can implement an IP-side TCL script and RADIUS server to implement the functionality.

Is there a way to set a single "code", maybe as part of a routing pattern???

Post-dial: No.

Pre-dial: Yes.

For example, using route partitions and calling search spaces, you could setup route patterns that actually included unique codes based on a variety of different methods, such as by department, by person, by building, etc.

An example might be that 1 phone may be able to dial the following patterns:

9.@ for local numbers (using a route filter to restrict anything but local numbers and services like 911)

91234.@ for long distance (route filter set for long distance dialing)

95678.@ for international (route filter set for international dialing)

And then only people knowing the special codes would be able to dial the numbers you wish.

Obviously using just these generic codes for all phones in the system is not particularly secure. However using partitions and CSS as I mentioned before you can get very granular, even down to the point where each phone's code for long distance and international numbers are different from other phones... of course the more granular you make it the more time-consuming it will be to configure -- and to maintain. If you are not familiar with partitions and calling search spaces, a good intro can be found at:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/788/AVVID/part_css_tn.html

mlachberg
Level 1
Level 1

The following Cisco Press book actually explains the pre dialing method and it also explains partitions and calling search spaces very well.

The book:

Cisco CallManager Fundamentals: A Cisco AVVID Solution

by John Alexander, Chris Pearce, Anne Smith, Delon Whetten

The ISBN No is 1587050080 for those interested