cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

long wait for "connection" message on phones

bphelps
Level 2
Level 2

We have a long wait for the "connection" message on our phones.

We have a 4224 with a digital T1 for pstn access. IP phones at this remote site. Call Manager 3.1.1 at the central site. 4224 is an H.323 gateway.

The problem only occurs when we recieve calls from the pstn to ip phones.

I have heard that this may be an issue related to the RTP protocol. There are several commands I have tried; initially they seemed to work, but at some point (I don't know when, I haven't been monitoring the network) the problem resurfaced. Any answers/ideas?

Here are the commands I was referred to:

voice rtp send-receive

sends voice through as fast as possible. holdover from collect call days. When the call waits for the user to accept or reject the call

voice call send alert

isdn q931 map messages closer to the t1-cas states

auto-cut-through

sends voice through as soon as possible. This was supposed to be a dead command. Applied to the voice-port

voice service voip

h323 call start fast

global command for controlling h323 stuff

1 Reply 1

mimckee
Level 1
Level 1

What is the roundtrip delay if you ping the 4224 from the call manager. We have seen some issues with the way the h.323 setup take place. It can cause some delay in cut through if you have high roundtrip delay. Are you prioritizing h.323 traffic across the WAN. Not sure that will help, but worth a try.

Thank you,

-Mckee

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: