cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Looking for a way "out of always hold"

spodonnell
Level 1
Level 1

I have a problem I want to solve with the "always hold" call handler option.<br>Question is:<br>Once the call is placed into hold, can I have a time out configured to force the call back to a given extension or <br>call handler?<br><br>Someone please tell me I can do this.<br><br>Scott<br><br><br>

5 Replies 5

Not applicable

the hold conversation comes back after finishing the hold music prompt (there are 10 of these) and gives the caller the opportunity to continue holding or bailing out. There's no way to limit how long they can choose to hang out on hold, they can do it all day if they want.

What are you looking to do exactly?

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

We are trying come up with a poor man customer service queue. Ext. 1000 rolls to 2000 rolls to 3000 using sup. transfer. If all are busy go to hold for "a while" and loop
back to 1000 to start over again.

Not applicable

You should be able to do that with supervised transfers and a chain of call handlers... make call handlers for each extension, activate the alternate greeting and transfer rule (which will keep them active all the time), select blank greeting and set the after greeting action to try to transfer to the next call handler in the chain. The last call handler can play a greeting such as "press 1 to leave a message" or "you're call is important to us, please continue to hold" and then have it try the extension for the first call handler again or something along those lines.

the supervised transfer will get a busy event right away when it goes to try the extension so it should whip through those extensions in nothing flat... be sure to have a decent greeting recorded (you can copy in the hold music even if you want) before restarting at the begining of the chain again...

Jeff Lindborg
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com

Thanks.
One last thing; is there anyway to monitor how many people are looping through the process at any given time?

Scott

Not applicable

you can eyeball the status monitor manually and see how many calls are cruising through the handler list real time. The Handler Traffic report will also give you some insight into how many folks are tied up in here.

I'm guessing, however, you want to be able to limit how many folks can be chewing up ports doing this and there is no way to do that.

Jeff Lindborg
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: