cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Looking for Dial-peer help

mick
Level 1
Level 1

I'm looking for help with call routing / dial-peers. Seems my dial-peer config should be simple but there is something I'm just not understanding from the docs. I'm trying to split one PRI into two PRIs. This is something that an Adtran Atlas is current doing for me which I want to ditch. Eventually I want to do more with the calls on the router but not right now. My simple diagram is:

-----> (s1) Network PRI (510 123 45xx)
                              /
                         |-----------|
(s0) PRI from telco ---->|  Router   |
                         |-----------|
                              \
                               -----> (s2) Network PRI (510 123 46xx)

I want to route calls in all directions (based only on called number) eg from the telco to either of the two network PRIs and from either of the network PRIs to each other or the telco. My physical PRIs are configured fine and do work. Since this only involves pure telco dialing, a "9" doesn't mean anything special but I do want 911, 411 etc to work. Could someone propose an example set of dial-peer entries for me?

-mick

2 Replies 2

Felipe Garrido
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The following dial-peers should do the trick.

dial-peer voice 1 pots

destination-pattern 51012345..

forward-digits 10

port s1

dial-peer voice 2 pots

destination-pattern 51012346..

forward-digits 10

port s2

If 911/411 calls are meant to go out to the telco PRI,

dial-peer voice 3 pots

destination-pattern [94]11

forward-digits 3

port s0

For telco calls, you'll need to either specify one generic dial-peer or one for each type of call (LD, Local, International).

dial-peer voice 4 pots

destination-pattern .T

port s0

or

dial-peer voice 5 pots

description 11-digit LD

destination-pattern 1[2-9]..[2-9]......

forward-digits 11

port s0

dial-peer voice 6 pots

description Local

destination-pattern [2-9]......

port s0

dial-peer voice 7 pots

description International

destination-pattern 011T

forward-digits all

port s0

-Felipe

Thanks Felipe. This gave me confidence to figure out my issues. The only major thing I needed to add to your example was the "direct-inward-dial" setting but other than that, these were great examples for me. Thanks again.

Cheers!

-mick

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: