cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Looking for Experiences on CM 3.2.2a

spodonnell
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer that is currently using CM 3.1.3a SPD.

They really want the intercom to speakerphone functionally.

I'm looking for someone who has done this before so I can be ahead of the

curve on any quirkyness in CM, gateways, phones, etc.

I'm using a 6608 blade for the bulk of the telco connections, I'd like to hear from anyone who has seen the 6608 working well/not well in a 3.2.2

install.

Thanks

Scott

2 Replies 2

Tom Dillon
Level 4
Level 4

We just upgraded one cluster from 3.1.3a SPD over the weekend to 3.2(2a). I have a pair of 6500's with a 6608 in each. I am running CatOS 7.1 on the sups. The upgrade was very smooth. No problems with the 6608 gateway. We have been running for 3 days with no complaints. The call quality going through the 6608 is excellent. The only problem we had was with the SMDI and/or our VG200 analog ports to our voice mail. After the install everthing tested successfully and we ran a light call load on Sunday with no problems. Monday morning our voicemail DN started getting busy tone. The trace was showing all ports appearing busy as Callmanager walked through all the analog ports in the route group. Reloading the VG200's ended up resolving the problem. We are planning to upgrade our 2nd cluster to 3.2.(2a) within the next week.

Cisco did a good job with the 3.2(2a) upgrade.

mmcgille
Level 1
Level 1

You can make the intercom/speakerphone functionality work in 3.13a SPD. You can do it using XML. My company has an app that does it and it works well.

More info at:

http://phone-xml.berbee.com/AutoAnswer_Main.html

Or you can write one yourself without too much hassle.

Mind you, if you're definitley going to go to 3.2 anyway, this app isn't quite as useful (Still does cool things like zone paging). But for customers sticking with 3.0x or 3.1x it's a handy way to get the intercom function.

write me at mcgillen@berbee.com if you want any more info. Good luck.

Matt