Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
You may experience some slow load times, errors, and slight inconsistencies. We ask for your patience as we finalize the launch. Thank you.

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Loosing 1st few words on inbound calls to receptionist

Hi,

Topology is CM 3.3 Pub/Sub with 6608 g/w's using PRI's (PRI-NI2). Receptionist is complaining that she is loosing the 1st few words of some calls and constantly has to ask the caller to repeat themselves.Haven't heard much else from the user community, but they may be more tolerant. Since this is a MGCP g/w , I have very little to go by. I've already checked service parameters for silence supression to be turned off. Any ideas where to go from here short of TAC and a million sniffer traces to go along with it?

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
2 REPLIES

Re: Loosing 1st few words on inbound calls to receptionist

We hit this when we upgraded to 3.3spA from 3.1. Happened to users only with headsets. I fixed it by upgraded the phone loads.

Software Center -> Voice Software -> Cisco IP FW (NON SIP).

Of course now I'm getting reports of echo, not sure it's related though.

Re: Loosing 1st few words on inbound calls to receptionist

We had a similar situation with us. What solved it for us was that we had to set the port speed and duplex to 100/full on both the switch and the CM. When we looked at the port status we were having errors.

If you have it set to auto/auto on either side, hard set it and see what this does for you. This advice came to us from TAC.

Views
Helpful
Replies