cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Lost Message?

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

A user came into the office this morning and had the message indicator light on. He proceeded to check his voicemail using the phone. Unity stated that there was a new message left at 7:40am, and then it said, "I'm sorry that message is no longer available."<br><br>I checked the user's deleted items in an attempt to recover this message, but found nothing. I ran a Subscriber Message Activity report and found that a message was indeed left at 7:40am. And it shows that the user was logged in to check messages at 8:52am.<br><br>However, also around 8:52am, there is a log entry as follows:<br><br>2/6/2002 8:52:34 AM TELEPHONE MARK NEW N/A David Mentley 2/6/2002 7:40:47 AM N/A Unknown <br><br>What does the action "Mark New" mean??<br><br>

1 Reply 1

Not applicable

Any chance this person is on the "Unaddressed Messages" distribution list as a recipient? You'll get this behavior if one of the messages in their inbox was a forwarded undeliverable message. The message class is still IPM.Note.Voice.Unity so the conversation picks it up as a voice mail and then goes to open the WAV file it expect to be in there. Since it's a forwarded NDR, the voice mail is actually an attachment of the mail that's bundled up as an attachment. Short story, Unity figures something bad happened and just indicates the voice mail isn't available. You need to access this message from the client if that's the case.

The "marked new" just means the user elected to save the message as new (by hitting # and skipping the message for instance) or hung up on the message which causes Unity to mark the message as new again (as opposed to read). This turns your lamp back on by the way...

Did you ever check this guys inbox from Outlook? I'd be interested in seeing what's in there.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: