Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

lots of DeviceTransientConnection in the application log

The publisher is getting lots of error events, at a rate of 1 per second, as follows:

Running CCM 3.3(2)

Error: DeviceTransientConnection - Transient connection attempt.

Connecting Port: 2001

Device name [Optional].: SDA00027E39BCE0

Device IP address.: 10.101.219.165

Device type. [Optional]: 255

Reason Code [Optional].: 3

App ID: Cisco CallManager

Cluster ID: M2-CCM2-Cluster

Node ID: m2-ccm2

Explanation: A connection was established and immediately dropped before completing registration. Incomplete registration may indicate a device is rehoming in the middle of registration. The alarm could also indicate a device misconfiguration, database error, or an illegal/unknown device trying to attempt a connection.

Recommended Action: No action is required if this event was issued as a result of a normal device rehome..

These errors come from ip address 10.101.219.160 to 167.

These ip addresses are not from any registered phone or gateway. Moreover, device type = 255 means unknown, and reason code = 3 means database error.

5 REPLIES
Silver

Re: lots of DeviceTransientConnection in the application log

Do you have a 6608 blade by any chance?

Yes, i have been investigating meanwhile and i found an WS-X6608 blade recently installed by somebody in a remote catalyst. For sure it was the reason of such amount of errors.

I deployed an ACL to prevent the WS-X6608 sending requests to the Callmanagers and these error messages got over. I will investigate what kind of problem or missconfiguration (if it is the case) is causing such behaviour.

Thank you for your clue.

Regards.

Albert.

Silver

Well, that's a normal behavior if the ports are not configured in the callmanager. You have 2 options:

1. Configure the ports in the callmanager (like conferencing or transcoding if you are not going to use it).

2. Just disable the ports

Yes, i disabled the WS-X6608 ports and is has been enough. I could remove the acl after wards.

Thank you for your help

Albert.

Bronze

The device name that is registering is SDA00027E39BCE0. The SDA indicates that this is a digital T1/E1 port on a 6608 or DT/DE card.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content