cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Lots of Messages in Example Administrator Box

kgroves42
Level 3
Level 3

I am getting lots of messages in the example administrator mailbox, they are not to the unaddressed messages ditribution list, and there are hundreds of them all from diferent users, and they all seem to either hangups or 5 minutes of dead air, nothing important. Is this the users calling into voice-mail and not doing something right? What other messages go into the this mailbox? What should I look for to troubleshoot this?

Thanks

Ken

3 Replies 3

Christopher McAlpin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Check the Opening Greeting and Operator call handlers, by default the message owner for messages taken by these handlers is the example administrator. I suspect either the Opening Greeting or Operator call handler are set to take a message, and callers are hanging up.

ssmith222
Level 1
Level 1

The previous post is a great place to start. In addition if a subscribers mailbox is full the messages will go to the eadministrators mailbox.

Stan

More specifically... message that cannot be delivered (connectivity lost for more than 24 hours, full mailbox, recipient not found on home server etc...) are returned to the Unity Message System account NDR. These are then forwarded to the Unaddressed Messages public distribution list. By default the only member of this DL is the Example administrator, however you SHOULD have at least one "real" administrator type person in that DL to handle these. If you don't the messages will pile up in Example Admin's box and you'll never know there's an issue at hand.