cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Lotus Domino in another domain

zjung
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to install Unity 4.0 with Lotus Domino if the Domino server is in another Windows NT domain? There is not any trust connection between the two domains.

4 Replies 4

Anil Verma
Level 5
Level 5

No, this is not supported. There has to be atleast one Unity in each domain that the Domino servers are located in.

Please check the design guide for details on what is supported in the 4.0(1) release -

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_implementation_design_guide_chapter09186a00801187c9.html#xtocid7

Actually, I don't think that's what the design is talking about. When it says that there must be at least one Unity for each "domain", that's referring to a Domino Domain, not a NT Domain. What this really means is that Unity can only access Domino servers that are in the same Domino Domain.

The NT Domain that Unity resides in should have no relationship to the NT Domain that the Domino server resides in. The Unity server just needs to be in a NT Domain.

I stand corrected. Steve is right. The limitation is one Unity server in each Domino Domain.

You can have your Unity be sitting in another Windows Domain and the Domino server in another. Before you install Unity, you have to install the Notes client on the Unity server. When you configure this, make sure that the Notes client on the Unity server is able to communicate with the Domino server.

Another point that has been articulated in the design guide is the network bandwidth. Please make sure there is ample bandwidth between the two domains. The guide does not go into details on what the value for the bandwidth should be.

Since there is no trust between the domains, you should understand the authentication schemes that are available in Unity now. You might want to use the Domino authentication to get to the System administration pages.

Thanks for the answers. I will try it in this way.