Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

low cost FXS switches

My customers, in SouthEast Asia, would like to know if there is any Cisco VoIP product which has the same features as the 24 FXS blade in Cat6500 where they can connect the analog phones (many of them) and register to CallManager. The idea is that they don't want to throw away the analog phones yet and cannot affort high cost switches such as 4000's or 6500's. Thanks for any reply.

Duc Vu

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: low cost FXS switches

Do they need high density FXS? If so then it sounds like the VG248 may be a good solution. The data sheet is at:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/cc/pd/ga/prodlit/vg2ap_ds.htm

and I believe it should be orderable sometime this month or possibly next. Requires CallManager 3.1 to operate.

Thank you very much. One last question: will it work with Unity as Voice Mail system ?

Duc Vu

Cisco Employee

If you are asking whether or not you can use Unity as a voicemail system for analog phones that are attached to the VG248, then the answer is yes.

Each of the 48 ports registers to CallManager as a Skinny phone. Therefore the line configuration is the same in CallManager as if it actually were an IP phone, so you can forward to voicemail as usual.

Also, you can configure the VG248 to provide a stuttered dialtone to analog phones if they have a message waiting. And if you have a caller ID unit or phone that has a message waiting indicator light on it, we can cause it to flash if there is a message. I believe they can both be configured for each port.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content