Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

low Volume

I have a number of users that are reporting voice calls are very low in volume, I have never had this before, where do I need to be looking to troubleshoot this?

Cheers

5 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: low Volume

Dave:

Are the low volume calls from the PSTN or inside the cluster?

Gateways from the PSTN can ususally be adjusted by increasing 'audio signal adjustment into IP network' setting on the CCM parameter specific to the T1 or PRI.

Tom

Blue

the audio adjustment can also be different depending on the type of gateway used.

what version CCM are you using? SR?

what type of gateway is being used? what version if IOS based?

please provide as much information on your environment as possible so we can better assist you. (output of IOS gateway configuration is also helpful)

Low volume calls are mixed some from internal some from external

CM = 4.1.3 sr3a

GW = MGCP

IOS 12.4 T

Hi,

did you make any progress on this problem?

I have an similar issues. I get complaints from users every other day that they have the volume turned up to max but are unable to the here the caller clearly.

We use H.323 IOS gateways with E1 PRI and CCM 4.1.3sr3a. H.323 gateways on CCM do not support the 'Audio Signal Adjustment into IP Network settings' by the looks of it.

Please post any updates you may have.

Thanks,

Chris

Bronze

Try adjusting the input gain and/or output attenuation settings on the gateway and make a few test calls. This usually improves the volume level. Be careful not to introduce echo be adjusting the settings too high.

Hope that helps.

Tom

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content