Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

<CiscoIPPhoneError Number="6" />

When I try to send execute object I receive this xml, but I can find only definitions of errors 1-4. Can anyone tell me what does this error code mean

3 REPLIES

Re: <CiscoIPPhoneError Number="6" />

Error "6" is an internal error. The causes are various. Can you send the xml that you are using to send the execute object? Also, a sniffer trace could be helpful in diagnosing this type of problem.

After a bit more researchError #6 is an 'internal error' as I stated. Cisco has fixed a number of problems that used to return error #6. You should not be getting that error anymore. The first thing to check is the CCM version and phone load (most important) being used. You are probably using an older load with the error#6 problems. If you are on the latest phone load then we will need to get sniffer traces from the network with a description of the problem and the NE's involved. Try upgrading to the latest phone load first though.

Hi !

I've got this problem ... and after it was another error ...

You can check if there is an error message on your ip phone -> settings -> status -> status message

in my case, it didn't have a DNS Server and the ip phone couldn't connect to the callmanager to authenticate the user

I resolved it to change the callmanager name to the IP in the admin panel of the CM

I hope it can help you

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content