Views
Helpful
Replies

<CiscoIPPhoneIconMenu> help!

thack
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm writing some FAQ pages to be used on a default profile for a logged out phone when using Extension Mobility to explain how to use it etc.

I'd like to use the above object so I can use ? icons next to each of the menu items / questions. The questions I have are below:

I cannot find any examples of using this object, if I could see any example using perhaps 10 menu items with icons on each, with each menu item being upto 3 lines long - can somebody be so good as to post the code here please?

whats the code for a carraige return / line feed?

and finally, Id like to use the ? icon found when accessing the info button in this FAQ for obvious reasons. I could make my own but I would like to be consistent in the overall look. where does this page live on the call manager so I can 'nick' the pixel packed data or can someone post the data here?

Thanks for your time folks

Rgds

2 Replies 2

aaronw.ca
Level 5
Level 5

Have you resolved this issue yet?

There are a number of examples of this objects usage in the IP Phone Services SDK.

\r should work for a newline

Try using <%="\r"%> when you want to insert a newline in text in an asp page (javascript, should work for vbscript as well).

To my knowledge, the ? icon is embedded in the device, so it doesnt post as a cip image.

One note about iconmenus - the icons that you use must be no larger than 16 pixels wide by 10 pixels high.

This is all available in the 3.3(3) IPPS SDK on page 12. If you don't have the newest SDK, I suggest you download it as it has a lot of useful information, tools, and samples.

If you are using VBScript instead of JavaScript, concatenate your string with the "vbCrLf" object to add a new line.

Response.Write("This text is on line one" & vbCrLf & "This text is on line two")