cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

lucent dcs and dcs+ over T-CCS voip

alpritchard
Level 1
Level 1

does anyone know which timeslots are used for signalling on lucent dcs and dcs+ on an E1 link.

i am trying to set up a voip tccs link between 2 pabx's

thanks

6 Replies 6

michael.gregory
Level 1
Level 1

DCS and DCS + on an E-1 use timeslot 16 as a 64-k clear channel for digital data signaling using A/B/C/D bits. Timeslots 31 is selectable as an X.25 bit.

pwalenta
Level 1
Level 1

You are aware that DCS/DCS+ cannot be directly connected to every Cisco gateway? The only thing you can do for DCS is frame forwarding using a 2600/3600/7200 gateway T1/E1 card over IP.

thanks for the info - we actually got it working pretty easily using t-ccs frame forwarding over IP.

timeslot 16 was the one carying signalling as expected.

I have a customer interested in tunneling DCS over their network. Could you email me copies of the two configs? pwalenta@emasterlink.com

sorry haven't done this yet. thought we had it working and it does for about 20 minutes then the PBX's drop out claiming to have loss of frame even though we have no alarms on the routers.

Do you still want config copies ?

email me at alan.pritchard@stiell.com

I have e-mailed the configs direct to you. The problem was a hardware issue on the definety. You may need to set the definety framing type to CRC