Cisco Support Community
Community Member

Lync server 2010 to Cisco integration goes bad after long success

Have a Lync 2010 server running on Windows Server 2008 R2 integrated with a CUCM 7.1.5 with a CUPS 8.5.2 server in between them.  It was all installed in CY10 and ran great up until just a few weeks ago. Now the C2C through the CUCM from Lync client is iffy and presence lags; user complains of up to 30s delay on presence change after connecting a call on IP desk phone.  The problem is as steady and persistent as it is widespread.  I have expressed my suspicion of a Windows Update blowing things up but the server admin maintains that no updates were installed onto the Lync server during the timeframe that the issues began. I am loathe to spend a lot of time Wiresharking this to death but am open to all suggestions that might help isolate this issue.

I have also downloaded the Microsoft guide on Direct SIP integration with the idea that if all else fails I may consider scrapping the integration and starting over with their option that omits the CUPS.  I would rather avoid this but I may be forced to get heavy handed if I can't find a fix for the current setup. Thoughts on this are welcome too. 

TIA -mike

CreatePlease to create content