cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MAD.EXE error in U 3.14

b-bucciarelli
Level 1
Level 1

I am getting this error in the Application Log.

Process MAD.EXE (PID=1684). All Domain Controller Servers in use are not responding:

vm1.unity.vm1.org

Any ideas?

2 Replies 2

Christopher McAlpin
Community Manager
Community Manager

I did a search on http://www.google.com for:

All Domain Controller Servers in use are not responding

And came up with this article

Exchange 2000 Services Do Not Start After Windows 2000 SP2 Upgrade (Q300517)

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q300517

if this is in the form of a 2102 and looks like this

Event Type: Error

Event Source: MSExchangeDSAccess

Event Category: Topology

Event ID: 2102

Date: 7/9/2002

Time: 8:43:24 PM

User: N/A

Computer: DC01

Description:

Process MAD.EXE (PID=3436). All Domain Controller Servers in use are not responding:

dc01.cisco.com

dont be alarmed this seems to be due to

from MS

"The most likely cause is that the Kerberos ticket timed out. When the Kerberos tickets that are associated with the Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) connections time out, all LDAP connections get errors because the security contexts have failed. The connections must be reestablished. Because there is only one domain controller in this topology, there are no other servers to obtain a ticket from while this reestablishment takes place. Therefore, the error occurs. "

this is seen on every exchange service pack 2 machine i am responsible for that is also a DC. When i first saw this back in december, I was told by an MS rep that they may just eliminate this in service pack 3 but in either case.

there is also an association between this error and the winsock proxy client with event ID 2071 which was previously linked however I am betting the 2102 is what your seeing , since you didnt list it and unity is often found to be in single DC/GC environment and/or in its own domain . Plus if it were the 2071 and services were not starting I would think you mighta mentioned that.

And google, while being an invaluable resource, is less likely to help here than ACTUAL exchange hours burned in.