cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mailbox Aliases

josegcantuiii
Level 1
Level 1

If you give a DN, 2505, an alias of, 2500 and 2500 recives voice mail will the mwi for 2505 light?<br><br>If so, can you give multiple DN's (2505,2506,2507) the same alias (2500) so that multiple mwi's light on a message left for 2500?<br><br><br><br>Northrop Grumann<br>Jose Cantu - CCNP,CCNA,CCDA,MCP,A+,Net+<br>Phone: 512-633-5396<br>Email: jose.cantu@josecantu.com

6 Replies 6

josegcantuiii
Level 1
Level 1

Would making a Public Distribution List with an extension (2500) that was composed of (2505,2506,2507) do the trick?

That would mean that if a caller left voice mail for 2500 it would be for a pdl consisting of 2505,2506, and 2507. All mailboxes would recieve the message.

Northrop Grumann
Jose Cantu - CCNP,CCNA,CCDA,MCP,A+,Net+
Phone: 512-633-5396
Email: jose.cantu@josecantu.com

well... that would work but do you really want seperate mailboxes for each light just to turn the lamp on? Or am I missing something?

Subscribers can have up to 10 alternate MWI codes so a single mail user can light up to 10 different lamps. Woudn't that be more along the lines of what you'd want?

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

I think your hitting the nail on the head. I just don't understand it the way you stated it.

Do you mean for the general delivery mailbox, 2500, give it alias extensions for the users that i want the mwi to light for (2505,2506,2507)?

or vice versa

Give the users (2505,2506,2507) alternate extensions of 2500, the general delivery mailbox?

If neither of these are right can you give me a brief example...

Northrop Grumann

well... I'm not real sure what you're trying to do. What's your "general delivery mailbox" being used for? Is this a box that several subscribers should know to check if there's a message in it? How many users are you talking about then? Or are you thinking of another scenario. Maybe you can give me an example of how you want this to work.

Jeff Lindborg
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com

GREAT!
Q: What's your "general delivery mailbox" being used for?
A: Okay the general delivery mailbox is for when a caller from the pstn calls in and the reception misses the call it goes to a voice mail box that any of the people in the office can check. Also its used for after hours messages. If the call handler checks the schedule and they are closed it goes to this mailbox.

Q: Is this a box that several subscribers should know to check if there's a message in it?
A: Yes, if there's a message in this mailbox the staff needs to know to check it.

Q: How many users are you talking about then?
A: 4-5 people Just the receptionists and secretaries etc... no more than 5.

Problem is this mailbox 2500 is represented on their phone by the DN 1. So when unity spoofs call manager as the phone and dials the mwi on code, the call manager doesn't light anything because 2500 doesn't exist on it.

So I was thinking if I tie 2500 to the office personnel real internal dn's i.e. 2505, 2506, etc. that unity will instead of trying to light an mwi for 2500 it will for 2505, 2506, etc..

Does this make sense. I think you are understanding what I want.

Northrop Grumann

sure, if it's just 5 users then just setup those 5 DNs as alternate MWI codes on the general mailbox subscriber and when a message arrives in that mailbox it will light all 5 lights...

Jeff Lindborg
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com