Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Mailbox Resources

We are currently running Exchange 5.5 sp3 with unity version 2.4.5 build 73. Unity resides on the same server as our second Exchange server in the same site. My question... When I check mailbox resources on the Exchange server that unity resides on it is showing some users with over 150 items. When I log in and check their mailbox they have less than ten voicemail messages and nothing in their deleted items.<br><br>Since all users are running only voicemail and not unified messaging tied to their primary exchange "mailbox", what would be causing exchange to believe they have that many items in their mailbox?<br><br>John Bowser<br>Exchange Administrator - Augusta Medical Center<br>E-mail: jbowser@augustamed.com<br>office: 540-932-4715<br>PCS: 540-241-5569<br><br>

1 REPLY
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Mailbox Resources

Exchange 5.5 is known to have lots of goofy little issues about properly showing mailbox resources on other boxes in the site incorrectly. You'll also find inconsistencies with client login/logout data on other servers in the site. The information in the private store on the server itself should be accurate, the other servers in the site will rely on that, not their own replicated information which can be incorrect. When we check your inbox status to determine if you can send messages and/or filter your inbox to give you your counts, we do it connecting to the home server in question and get the real deal. Other than for admin/display purposes I don't believe the information you're looking at is used by anyone.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Views
Helpful
Replies