Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Make a shared line ring anyway

Hi,

I want to setup a shared line on 2 phones so that if there is an incoming call on this line while an active call is running on the first phone, the same line still rings on the second phone.

Is this possible ?

Tx

2 REPLIES
Gold

Re: Make a shared line ring anyway

This is possible using CallManager 4.0(1) via two methods. One is a Line Group with Broadcast ring pattern. Or you can a shared line with the busy threshold set to at least 2, and this will still allow the other phone to ring on that shared line when one is busy.

If you have CallManager 3.3 or below, neither of these methods are available. Shared lines are available, but as you've probably seen, the shared line is locked out when one phone is using it. If you have 7960s or other phones with two available line buttons, you could configure two shared lines, and configure the first one to forward on busy to the second.

If you don't have phones like that available, as a workaround, you can configure each phone with a different directory number, and set up a TCD (Telephony Call Dispatcher) hunt group to hunt from one phone to the other in a longest idle, first available or circular pattern (depending on version). TCD is the server-side component of Attendant Console, so you configure this as a hunt group with a pilot as you would for Attendant Console. Unfortunately this won't ring both phones simultaneously, but there's not much to be done about it under older versions of CallManager.

Re: Make a shared line ring anyway

Thank you for your answer. We are running under 3.3 CCM version.

I am going to use a Pilot point with the hunt group you told me about. If the members of this hunt groupe are shared Directory Numbers, I should get what I want.

I'll let you know if it solved my problem.

Thank you very much

Views
Helpful
Replies