Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Make calls go stright to VM when line is busy CME

Gurus,

Can I configure my CME system so that when a user is already on the phone, and someone calls them, it will go straight to voicemail instead of call-waiting?

Thanks,

Michael

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: Make calls go stright to VM when line is busy CME

You can re-create the ephone-dn without dual-line, or add "huntstop channel" to the ephone-dn.

HTH, please rate all posts!

Chris

5 REPLIES

You can re-create the ephone-dn without dual-line, or add "huntstop channel" to the ephone-dn.

HTH, please rate all posts!

Chris

Can't you use the "call-forward busy voicemail dn" under the ephone dn?

tnphoneman,

He definitely will have to use call-forward busy to send the call to voice mail. But the problem is that his ephone-dn is most likely a dual line which has 2 channels. If you are on a call, the second channel is still active, so the call will come in as call waiting, and not go to voice mail, until you disable the second channel for incoming calls and thus making the line busy and further to voicemail.

Hope that is clear!

You are correct that all my dn's are 2-channel. I don't why I didn't think of just making them single channel. However, if they were only single channel, would functions like Park still work? Obviously, Hold would not....?

Thank you all for the feedback.

-Michael

Park would not be an issue, however conferening would as you require the second channel in order to create a conference session. Your best bet is to use "huntstop channel" which will give you 2 channels but only one inbound call.

Chris

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content