cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Making a COS to administer only owned Call Handlers

dhellwig
Level 4
Level 4

We are looking to designate multiple people to administer their own call handlers. I.E. want two call handlers, one called TownHallMenu and one called LibraryMenu. We have created these call handlers and assigned ownership to two users (say TownUser and LibraryUser). We have also created a cos called CallHandlerAdmin and assigned the cos to two users, one who owns TownHallMenu and the other who owns LibraryMenu. The System Access settings on the CallHandlerAdmin COS are as follows:

-UnityAdmin appl access - enabled

-Schedules and Holidays - enabled

-Call Handlers access - enabled

The behavior I am looking for is to have the owner of the call handler be able to edit their call handler and not the other guy's.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Unity 4.0(1) includes a new routing option called "Greetings Administration" - you can map it to a one key rule, after message rule or after greeting rule just like, say, "subscriber sign in". The conversation requires you log in using your ID and password just as if you were logging into check your messages - once in there you can enter the ID of a call handler and if you're the owner (or a member of a DL marked as the owner) it takes you to a greetings update conversation similiar to the one you find in the subscriber conversation - however you also have access to the busy and internal greetings which are not available in the subscriber conversation.

You can stay in that conversation editing as many call handlers as you own. There's a few limitations (i.e. the handler must have an id associated with it, you cannot activate/deactivate the busy/internal greetings, only record them etc...). I discuss this in some more detail in the Audio Text chapter I just published if you want all the fun nitty gritty info about AT functionality in 4.0(1). You can get it on the Documents page at CiscoUnityTools.Com here:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Documents.htm

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unfortunately the owner concept is not taken that far at this point... currently being the owner of a call handler (or a member of a DL marked as the owner) are allowed to change the greetings for that call handler over the phone interface - this is only available in 4.0(1) and later. The SA access does not go down to the object level like that, you can only dictate that an admin has read or read/write access to object types via their class of service settings... so you can have an admin that's allowed to read subscribers but not edit them but they are allowed to create/delete/update call handlers for instance.

The original idea behind the owner concept was to do just exactly what you want to - be able to limit visibility in the administration interfaces to only objects you own. This was not implemented, however (it's actually more work than it might sound like).

Okay, we have 3.1.3 at this time. I can grant someone the Call Handler right as shown above, and they can rename any call handler (profile page) but not re-record any greetings (greetings page). Changing greetings is the main right I am trying to grant them. Can it be done without making them default administrators?

Just curious, how to you from a phone access a call handler greeting in 4.x unity?

Thanks

Unity 4.0(1) includes a new routing option called "Greetings Administration" - you can map it to a one key rule, after message rule or after greeting rule just like, say, "subscriber sign in". The conversation requires you log in using your ID and password just as if you were logging into check your messages - once in there you can enter the ID of a call handler and if you're the owner (or a member of a DL marked as the owner) it takes you to a greetings update conversation similiar to the one you find in the subscriber conversation - however you also have access to the busy and internal greetings which are not available in the subscriber conversation.

You can stay in that conversation editing as many call handlers as you own. There's a few limitations (i.e. the handler must have an id associated with it, you cannot activate/deactivate the busy/internal greetings, only record them etc...). I discuss this in some more detail in the Audio Text chapter I just published if you want all the fun nitty gritty info about AT functionality in 4.0(1). You can get it on the Documents page at CiscoUnityTools.Com here:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Documents.htm