Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making a new call while you have one on hold

We just upgraded to CM 3.3.3. I have a 7960 with one line programmed. I am certain I should be able to call someone, put them on hold.. and then make a new call all from that one line... however the new call button while they are on hold is greyeed out and tells me the key isn't active.

We have also been having problems transferring calls occasionally with users phones.. Any ideas?

My phone has load p00305000300

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Making a new call while you have one on hold

Take a look at the following service parameter:

CallManager > Cluster Wide Parameters (Device - Phone) > Shared Line New Call Softkey Disabled.

The default setting is false, which means that the New Call softkey is enabled. If this parameter is set to true it will gray out the softkey if there is a hold instance on that line.

...and how recent was the upgrade to 3.3.3 versus when the problems began?

6 REPLIES

Is your single line a shared line appearance by any chance?

yes it is, although I swear it worked for me at some point this morning, then the second time it did not.. ??

Bronze

With CM, you can only have 2 calls on a single line. What you are saying should be working, but if you are trying to do something like:

Call comes in, answer

2nd call comes in, hold first answer 2nd

Transfer 2nd -> will fail

This is because the transfer needs a 3rd line, and you are limited to 2.

Is this what you may be running into?

CM 4.0 will solve this problem.

nope, you had it right.. im just trying to put one call on hold, and hit new call to make another. The key is greyed out and says not active here.

It is a shared line appearance, but I would swear it always worked before.

Take a look at the following service parameter:

CallManager > Cluster Wide Parameters (Device - Phone) > Shared Line New Call Softkey Disabled.

The default setting is false, which means that the New Call softkey is enabled. If this parameter is set to true it will gray out the softkey if there is a hold instance on that line.

...and how recent was the upgrade to 3.3.3 versus when the problems began?

thanks for pointing me there... We have a publisher, and two subscribers... on the publisher it was set to TRUE... but on the subscribers, which I was registered to it was set to false... I changed it to false on the pubisher and reset my phone, and it now works... however, when I go back and select the publisher again, the paramater is back to true, I can't get it to stick on false, but its working now... I don't know if changing it once kicked something in or what.. Still not sure why I can't get it to stay FALSE on publisher, but its working..

Thank you!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content