Views
Helpful
Replies

Making call between 2 ATA-186

victor
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all.

I need to connect to ATA-186 and make calls without a Gatekeeper or Call Manager.

Is it possible ?

Thanks, Victor.

3 Replies 3

mimckee
Level 1
Level 1

I could not find a good link for you. This can be done and to my knowledge all you do is set the gateway address on each ata to be the other ata. I am used to doing the ata with callmanager so I am not sure about the call routing, but if you are familar with that you should be on your way. I will put in the link to the documenation. But this is definetly possible.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/ata/ata186/ata186ug/index.htm

Protocol and services has information about h.323.

Hope this helps,

-Mckee

Mckee,

Thanks for your answer.

I call dialing the IP address, but only the first of the two phone lines. Is there any way to select the other line ?

Thanks, Victor.

You just configure the uid0 to be the extension of phone 1 and uid1 to be the extension of phone 2. Then once you set each up as the to the other. You should be able to dail the extension of phone 2 on the remote ata and the call should get routed there.

Let me know if this helps,

-Mckee

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: