Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Management of Caller Input Options

We would like to allow our users to modify their Caller Input options in Unity (They vary greatly per person), but it doesn't seem to be possible through the Active Assistant. Is there a way to do this, and if not, is it a planned change in a future version of Unity?<br><br>

1 REPLY
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Management of Caller Input Options

No, these changes are reserved for the SA only, they were deliberately left out of the AA interface.

the primary problem is keeping control of the numbering space. For one key routing rules to be useful usually folks want to be able to have items such as "to reach me on my cell phone press 1, to reach me at home press 2..." and the like. This requires they be able to create call handlers to deal with doing the transfer work for those options. If they can create call handlers, then they can assign IDs to them which can foul up a numbering plan in a system in a hurry.

I did write up an spec for something I call "personal call handlers" which are special handlers that don't allow IDs to be assigned to them (i.e. they are used for outbound call handling only). They would not appear in the larger directory and each user would get 10 of them to mess with (one for each digit on the phone minus star and pound). This never caught the fancy of the product guys so it's been sitting around gathering dust. I still think it'd be a neat feature, myself, even though it's a fairly substantial piece of work... your best bet is to make sure you request this feature from the product folks (use GiPPERS... they review those requests directly).

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content