Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Manager & Secretary Operation

Hi,

Customer has an Ericsson PABX with voicemail which provides the following functionality:

The manager has his phone forwarded to his secretary. A call comes into the managers line and is forwarded onto the secretary's line - she is busy or does not answer so the call is then passed to the managers voicemail box where the caller can leave a message.

Can this be replicated in a Call Manager/Unity environment? We are running CM 3.2.2c and Unity 3.1.5.

Thanks

Graeme

6 REPLIES
Gold

Re: Manager & Secretary Operation

Yes this will work with CallManager and Unity by default. CallManager retains the first forwarding station information and passes it to Unity. Unity then uses that data for the integration.

Excellent news - do I configure the Unity for Supervised Transfer or leave it as release to switch?

Thanks

Graeme

Gold

The example you gave sounded like this to me:

PSTN--->MGR--->SEC--->UNITY

In this situation Unity is not doing any sort of transfer. Is your situation different that this?

No - you are right.

I have been doing a little digging and this is the default behaviour isn't it?

When the call is forwarded to voicemail from the secretarys' phone, Unity uses the fact that the call was first destined for the manager and routes the call to the managers voicemail box

Thanks

Graeme

Gold

Yeah this is how it works. And actually you can't even change it.

What about a scenario where the PSTN caller gets the Manager's VM and elects to hit 0 for an operator. Unity transfers the call to the Operator but the Operator does not anser. The call goes to the Operators voicemail. Is there a way to have it go to the Managers voicemail instead (similar to what happens if the Manager has his phone forwarded to the Operator)?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content