Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Mannual registration for Cisco 7960 IP phone with Call Manager

If I were need to perform a manual registration between an IP phone (Cisco 7960) and Call Manager, and I will like to basically install this IP phone with the IP address whose subnet (vlan) is different from the subnet (vlan) that the Cisco Call Manager is in, how do I do this ?

Additionally, I was not able to mannualy change the IP address setting in the IP phone. The error message is something like "Router is not in the same subnet). When I tried to change the default gatewate setting, I also encountered the same error. Any idea ? Other than mannually configuring the IP addressing and creating a new device entry in the Cisco Call Manager, what else do I have to do ?

1 REPLY

Re: Mannual registration for Cisco 7960 IP phone with Call Manag

Its is just basic routing. As long as the phone can be routed through the network to the Call Manager, the phone will register.

To manually change the IP address in the phone, first be sure to turn off DHCP on the phone. After that, change the IP address and then the default-gateway.

If it still won't work try and ping from the Call Mangager to see if you have a route to the phone.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content