Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Manual Firmware Upgrade procedure for IP Phones?

Hello,

I ran into this problem in a couple of installations:

A new 7960 (FW version 3.1MFG) can?t connect to it?s callmanager (can?t get to the TFTP server).

The first time i solved it taking the phone to another Callmanager installation pluging it in and upgrading the software. Once the FW was upgraded, i took the phone to its original installation and worked correctly.

Now, the second time I witness this, I can not take the phone to another Callmanager. Is there any manual procedure to upgrade the firmware on a particular phone, without a Callmanager? Say, like a Laptop with a TFTP server and a cross-over patch?

Callmanager version is 4.x

Regards,

Ariel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Manual Firmware Upgrade procedure for IP Phones?

Ariel,

You should be able to use a laptop with a TFTP server to upgrade the firmware. Configure the IP Address and TFTP server address in the phone manually. Copy SEPDefaul.cnf.xml, XMLDefault.cnf.xml, and the phone load to your laptop.

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

1 REPLY

Re: Manual Firmware Upgrade procedure for IP Phones?

Ariel,

You should be able to use a laptop with a TFTP server to upgrade the firmware. Configure the IP Address and TFTP server address in the phone manually. Copy SEPDefaul.cnf.xml, XMLDefault.cnf.xml, and the phone load to your laptop.

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

Views
Helpful
Replies