cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Many Phones One User

tlw
Level 1
Level 1

I have several situations where one user has many phones. In order to receive phone calls from outside the company, Unity has to be aware of the extension. To do that I must create mailboxes for each phone, but I don't my end user of all of these phones to have to check multiple boxes. What can I do to somehow associate multiple extensions with one user?<br><br>

2 Replies 2

Not applicable

The easiest way to do this in the short term is to create call handlers for each of the user's alternate extensions, have a 'blank' alternate greeting active, turn off transfers and have the after greeting action "send to greeting" for the subscriber's mail user record.

This will route all calls that come in from those extensions to their primary mailbox and take messages there so the user only has to check one mailbox.

You can also have seperate greetings for each handler if you want (i.e. each line is a different function of some sort) and set the message recipient up for those handlers to be the subscriber in question. This will have the same effect since all messages will show up in one box... the first solution is easier since you only have to record and maintain one greeting.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
jlindborg@activevoice.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

jkunz
Level 1
Level 1

Another possibility is to set up the Rules Wizard (Outlook Client) on the unused mailboxes to autoforward to the appropriate mailbox and delete from the original.... just a thought.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: