cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

mask outbound caller-id on fxo port

b_ferguson
Level 1
Level 1

Is there is a way to setup a translation profile on a h323 gateway for outbound calls out the local fxo ports to be able to mask the caller-id. The customer has 3 lines which are in the rollover state by their provider. They would like for all calls that go out either 3 of the ports to display the caller-id of the main line. Is this possible with a translation rule or would they have to contact their provider to get them to mask it on their end?

Thanks!!

2 Replies 2

shane.orr
Level 4
Level 4

It is not possible manipulate outbound CLID on POTS lines from the Customer Phone System Side. In order to manipulate outbound CLID you would have to have ISDN.

You are correct, the best you could do is ask your Telco Provider if they have any type of masking capabilities but I have not seen that service. Let me know if it exists - I am going to start inquiring about it if it does.

That is what I thought, just wanted to get a second opinion on it.

Thanks for your response and if I find out anything about from the telco, I'll let you know.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: