cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Max Ad-Hoc parameter ? 6608 (one port)

mgvogt11
Level 1
Level 1

What do I set the Maximum Ad-Hoc Parameter too? I am under the impression that if I have one port on the 6608 setup for hardware conference I can have two session with 16 poeple on each conference call. If anyone can clear this up I would appreciate it.

We will be putting a redundant 6608 blade in soon with a second hardware conference port. Will I need to change the parameter again?

1 Reply 1

pbarman
Level 5
Level 5

That service parameter is global, so if you modify it that will affect your redundant 6608 also.

Set this value to whatever maximum number of participants you want in a single conference call. 6608 supports maximum 16 participants, so you may want to set it to 16 to use that functionality.

Also:

*For a G.711 or G.723 conference—32 conferencing participants per physical port; maximum conference size of 16 participants

*For a G.729 conference—24 conferencing participants per physical port; maximum conference size of 16 participants

So, you can have more than 2 conf sessions, provided the total number of participants donot exceed the stats above, for any given port and codec.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: