Views
Helpful
Replies

MAX Conference

keanej
Level 3
Level 3

I am on CUCM 8.5.1 (Virtualised)

The Max conferences I seem to be able to manage is 8.

I have setup a MRGL with a dozen MRGs that have access to a shedload of HW Conference resources

any idea why its still limited to 8 participants ??

Thanks

James

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris,

Yyou beat me to it, but here's the documentation for the command which explains 8 is the default and how high you can set it per codec

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/ios/voice/command/reference/vr_m1.html#wp1439640

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Either you have the service parameter for conferencees set to 8 or you're using a mix of codecs on your HW CFB which limits this to 8.

You can have up to 32 users on HW CFB on a PURE G711 codec, if you start adding codecs to the dspfarm profile that starts going down depending on the complexity of the codecs you add. 16 users if using G711/G729 only.

and that you need to configure, 8 is the default unless you change that.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Thanks for the feedback -

I notice if I reduce the number of codecs in the HW  transcoder as you suggest the 'max sessions' available to me goes from 4  to 24.

24 Sessions are available if I allow just the one codec G711a (I'm in europe!)

It  was my understanding that this session - refered to the number of  similutanuous conferences and not to the number of participants.

If that correct ?

The reason I ask

- if it referes to actual conferences - then I probably should keep this low - say 4 sessions.

So its four conferences of 12-14 participants.

if its participants - then I need to make this number high - say 15 - to allow for all the participants.

One  other thing - I have a MRGL - with multiple MRGs having access to about  6 HW transcoders - can it assign resources from seperate MRG for the  same one conference call ?? If that was the case your my limit is probably the service parameter (which I have set to 15)

Thanks

James

A session refers to a conference, not how many people can be in it. But both (session and # of conferencees) are directly related to the codecs you enable, the higher the complexity, the lower the numbers for those two.

Take a look at this link and you'll understand all this from reading the tables

Configuring Enhanced Conferencing and  Transcoding for Voice Gateway Routers

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/ios/12_3/vvf_c/interop/intcnf2.html

If a CFB requires an XCODER it will use one from the MRGL it has for the device pool you configured for it.

HTH

java

HTH

java

The Max calls on my line are set to 30, the max conf in the service parameters is set to 15.

It wont allocate any resources beyond what you see above.

When I attempt to add the 9th person I get - unable to add to conference.

You need to define the following:

maximum conference-participants max-participants

Chris

Chris,

Yyou beat me to it, but here's the documentation for the command which explains 8 is the default and how high you can set it per codec

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/ios/voice/command/reference/vr_m1.html#wp1439640

HTH

java

HTH

java

That was it - once I set the codec to G711alaw -

I programmed the following

dspfarm profile 1 conference

description Conference Bridge

codec g711ulaw