cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Max Number of Calls to be Queued

rjrii
Level 1
Level 1

Does cisco limit the number of calls an organization can queue based on the license file used when installing CRA/ICD?

If so, is it basically the number reported under Subsystems - Cisco Media - Number of licensed IVR Ports?

I had understood from our Sales rep that we would basically be able to queue as many calls as needed, but I cannot queue more than 10 calls. If this is the case and my orgainzation does not want to pay to increase this number, is there a way to direct additional calls to voice mail or something?

11 Replies 11

adignan
Level 8
Level 8

With IPCC Express you can queue up to 150 calls. 3.1 increased that number but it is escaping me right now. How many CTI ports do you have configured in your Call Control Group? You need a CTI Port for each queued call.

I am running ICD Standard and have everything (Applicaiton, JTAPI Trigger, Media group provisioned for 20 sessions each and have 20 CTI ports provisioned in the callmanager and have associated them to the route point as well as the JTAPI group)

I found a field under Subsystems - Cico Media that is labeled "Number of licensed IVR Ports" and it is set to 10 and cannot be changed.

While I find it acceptable to only be able to play a message to 10 queued calls at a time, I don't find it acceptable to only queue a total of 10.

Any input or did my sales rep just now know what he was selling to me?

Yes, but can you up the queue total with out adding licenses? If so, do you know of a document that states how to do so?

I am not sure about the license part but you can increase the queue just be configuring more no. of CTI ports. Each call to ICD/IVR needs a CTI port so based on the no. of call u need to queue configure a corresponding no. of CTI Ports.

Hope that helps.

Aslam.

It actually relates to that number of licensed IVR ports. I have created over 20 CTI ports, but the system will still only allow 10 to be put into queue, which is the number listed next to that Licensed IVR ports.

So what we are saying here is if I had 10 people in Q and an 11th person calls in the IVR will not even be able to answer because all the calls in queue are holding at the IVR ports? If this is true is there a cheaper port that you can purchase to only do prompts and holding?

If you want to only do queuing and basic prompt playing then you should purchase Queue Manager and not IVR. You get 12 ports as standard, same price as IVR, and add on ports are cheaper than adding on IVR ports.

Q Mgr is only relevant to IPCC Enterprise not IPCC Express/ICD

slu
Level 1
Level 1

yes, you're right. The number of licensed IVR ports you have under Cisco Media or Jtapi is the # you can config for your queue use. If you have 10 licensed IVP ports, and you have 10 agents, the total calls you can handle are 20. 10 are handled by agents and 10 waiting in queue. the 21th caller will get busy tone. You have no way to handle the 21th call unless you buy more IVR ports or add more agent(again you need licenses for agents too).

You can give a voice mail option for caller when they are waiting in queue but it still need the IVR port. When the call redirect to VM, then your IVR prot is free, you can have another caller get in.

Hope this help!

Shirley

You are licsenced for 150 IVR ports by default. However if you have installed IPCC and Callmanager on the same server (co-resident installation) the IVR count is set to 10 and cannot be changed.

I don't have a deep background in ICD but I know about IPCC, and the IP IVR and Queue Manager provide the queuing functionality as used by ICD. IP IVR ports are approximately $1100 and the QM ports are approximately $500. The IP IVR port allows things like HTTP Contact email contacts, database dips.

In ICD, IP-ICD Enhanced with CTI option (IVR Port Option) offers all the features the IP-IVR ports provide.

I can't imagine Cisco give you 150 queueing and treatment ports. Even at QM prices this is $75k worth of functionality.

I think the software can support 150 queuing/treatment ports, but you have to buy them.

For example, look at one item on the price list: ICD-3.1-E-BS=. It has enhanced ICD 3.1, 10 CAD Agents, 10 IVR ports, 1 Historical Reporting, 1 Supervisor, and 1 Recording licence.

If you log in to AppAdmin and go to Tools -> JTAPI -> CTI Port Groups you will see something like:

Number Of Licensed IVR Ports : 10

Regards,

Geoff

Actually you do get 150 ivr ports with IPCC Express. In the bundle you are talking about the 10 ivr ports are needed only if you are going to be doing database dips, http, etc. e 150 ports are for standard prompt and queue ports.