cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Maximum agents with CTIOS

joelvist
Level 1
Level 1

CTIOS release notes for 5.1 states that a dedicated CTIOS server and PG can support up to 1,000 agents and that "...more than two sets of duplexed CTI OS servers (total of four CTI OS servers) is not supported." I had not heard of this limit before and need to know if/how to support 5,000 agents. Am I misreading this limit?

Thanks.

4 Replies 4

sbilgi
Level 5
Level 5

I think the limit for the JTAPI provider is 2000 CTI connections/devices which could be spread over more than one CCM server You can have multiple JTAPI Providers/observers/PGusers as long as the CCM node and cluster limits are not exceeded.

For a maxed out 1000 IPCC agent on a full CCM cluster, it is recommended that you load balance the total users on 4 PGs that would include the CTIOS co-resident on the same PG server with a max of 500 users per Active PG .

http://www.cisco.com/application/pdf/en/us/guest/netsol/ns268/c649/ccmigration_09186a008017bb4a.pdf

Not applicable

Is this then one pim of each PG communicating with one cluster but two Pgusers for JTAPI? Does ICM consider these as two different Peripherals?

No. The duplexed CTIOS servers would use the same PG/PIM link. To scale beyond this number, however, you need to add more PGs/PIMs. This means that agents will need to be partitioned across the PIMs and therefore the ACD (e.g. a Definity) definitions for these agents will likewise need to be partitioned. So you'll need to create Enterprise skill groups (with Skill groups related to each discrete PG and then these Skill Groups would be part of an Enterprise Skill Group. Also, agents on different CTIOS systems that are not linked via the same PG/PIM cannot communicate with each other for CTI-related functions (Chat, call monitoring, etc.).

Not applicable

Is this then one pim of each PG communicating with one cluster but two Pgusers for JTAPI? Does ICM consider these as two different Peripherals?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: