Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Maximum Number of Public Lists that can be announced

Hi Guys,

I know this sounds a bit strange but here's what I am trying to do. I have about 12 distribution lists configured in Cisco Unity. Since this is a large number for any user to remember off-hand, all the lists have a common set of letters in their names (e.g. unity-executives, unity-managers etc.) so that if the users remember the first few letters, they can sit back and listen to the system reel off the names of the different lists and then they can choose the ones they want.

When I tried this, the system kept asking me for more letters to narrow down the search. Is this because of a limit on how many lists can be announced at once? I thought this would be a bit like the private lists where the system can tell you all the private lists that are available.

I am using Cisco Unity 3.1.5, Win 2K sp2 and Exchange 2000 in my network.

Thanks in advance.

Ade

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Maximum Number of Public Lists that can be announced

well... you can fiddle with the number of matches for outside callers using the name lookup handler but for subscribers addressing to distribution lists or other subscribers the maximum number of matches seems to be hard coded to 8 here and there's no way to configure it.

Chatted with the conversation guys and they said during the 4.0(3) development cycle they'll add a configuration option to adjust this number up or down but for now the most matches you'll get back is 8 for subscribers.

Thanks Jeff,

How then can I do a wild card search using the extensions then? For instance in CCM, I can do a directory search for all extensions starting with 37. It seems I can not do that for the DLs in Unity. I could use this as a stop gap before 4.0.3

Thanks for your help.

Ade

Cisco Employee

You can't do wildcard searches by ID when addressing over the phone - only exact ID lookups are done.

Views
Helpful
Replies