Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Maximum Subscribers Per Server?

Whats the most subscribers that should be on one unity server?<br>We are deploying Unity as our voice mail (integrating w/ccm) and will have approximately 600 users. <br><br>In addition whats the port to person ration. I have always said 1 to 2 or 1 to 3? Thats because i know ports are used for almost any time a user or guest access vm and for unity system functions i.e. mwi, dial-out, etc..<br><br><br><br>Northrop Grumann<br>Jose Cantu - CCNP,CCNA,CCDA,MCP,A+,Net+<br>Phone: 512-633-5396<br>Email: jose.cantu@josecantu.com

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
3 REPLIES
Gold

Re: Maximum Subscribers Per Server?

Check out:
http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/cc/pd/unco/un/prodlit/ucutp_st.htm

Unity does not require a specific port to user ratio. 1/2 or 1/3 seems very high but then again it depends if Unity will be you auto attendant, etc. I would suggest looking at your current voicemail system ratio to get a rough idea.

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Unified Voice Team, San Jose
Cisco Systems

I don't understand how many ports this is:
Compaq ProLiant-DL320: 4-32 ports Voice Messaging/Unified Messaging—IP Only—Cisco Unity version 3.0 or higher only

does that mean 4X32=128 ports. or just For 32 ports?
If so that will suffice. Thanks for the link and help!

Northrop Grumann
Jose Cantu - CCNP,CCNA,CCDA,MCP,A+,Net+
Phone: 512-633-5396
Email: jose.cantu@josecantu.com

Gold

This means you have 4 to 32 port. 4 is the lowest we sell and 32 is the most that is supported for this server.

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Unified Voice Team, San Jose
Cisco Systems

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.