Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 7.0 for Unity 4.0(3)

Hi,

I can not find any document telling that McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 7.0 is supported on Unity 4.0 box. Have anyone installed VirusScan Enterprise 7.0 into Unity box? Is Cisco planning to support VirusScan Enterprise 7.0 for Unity 4.0?

VirusScan Enterprise 7.0 is running on our Callmanager box. This is why I would like to run VirusScan 7.0 on our Unity box.

Any infomation would be appreciated.

Thank you.

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
4 REPLIES

Re: McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 7.0 for Unity 4.0(3)

Hello -

Hope this information will be of some value, although I would probably still check with TAC for your production servers ... VirusScan Enterprise 7.0 is McAfee's replacement for Netshield 4.5.1. Netshield is supported by TAC for Unity 4.0 servers. We are running Netshield on our Unity 2.1 bridge server. However, our Unity 3.1(5) server is running Trend instead, since that is our stated direction for all clients and servers. We successfully tested Trend on our test CallManager, but kept with Netshield on the production CallManagers until TAC gives the OK for Trend.

Best wishes, Ginger

Thank you for your advise. I will ask Cisco representative if they are planning to support VirusScan Enterprise 7.0,too. I hear that End of support for Netshield is approaching.

Cisco Employee

Yes, they are planning to support VirusScan - in fact it's what's on most of the test machines in our labs so it's gotten plenty of exposure. It hasn't been officially added to the supported list yet, though.

Thank you for the information. We are encouraged to run VirusScan 7.0 on our Unity box. I hope it is included into the supported list soon.

Regards,

Views
Helpful
Replies