Views
Helpful
Replies

MCS 7800, add harddrive??

jolo07310
Level 5
Level 5

CCM4.13, MCS7800 which is HP DL320 G2

I just upgraded from 1.0GB memory to 2.0GB memory.

When I open the box, I figured that there is only 1 Harddrive (40.G).

Can I add exact same size (I knew the part number that I can order from HP), and make RAID 0.

My question is that do I still get support from Cisco Tac??

Anyone done that before??

Thanks a lot!!

Ken

My question

4 Replies 4

yshraybman
Level 4
Level 4

It can be done but not without hassle. The problem is cisco image creates hidden HP patrition that will not get mirrored using Microsoft volume mirroring. Under Disk Management it shows as Unknown.

I was able to mirror the working volume C but not D. And if I want to boot from the second drive I had to use floppy disk with modified boot.ini. It would not boot any other way because of the missing HP partition.

You can use Ghost. Even thou it is not supported by cisco it works just fine. Problem is you would have to ghost it every time there is a major change.

A better idea is to get cisco-certified HP DL380 that supports hardware RAID 0. You can keep subscriber on 320 because subs are much easier to recover than publishers. I would highly recommend moving publisher to DL380.

Thanks for reply,

Can we use HP software that install in CallManager server to do the disk mirror??

Change to new DL 380 is not the option for me. :(

Thanks

Ken

I'm not aware of any software (including HP) that will do proper software mirror. In any case no software mirroring is supported by cisco on DL 320.

Thanks

Got back from Cisco Tac... have to rebuid CCM to make the mirror to work.

Ken

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: