Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

MCS-7825-H1-UC1 Raid Problem

Hi,

I have a MCS-7825-H1-UC1 bundle for Unity Connection 1.x with Windows Advance Server 2003 and I have a problem with RAID. RAID 1 was configured and on boot up it does show the one RAID 1 logical drive and two "healthy" physical drives. However, the HP Raid array configuration tool states it does not support the controllers and when I tested the mirroring, one of the disks wouldn't boot up the OS and showed a 'non system disk error'. has anybody else experienced this? should I start again or can it be rectified without re-installing from scratch?

5 REPLIES
Blue

Re: MCS-7825-H1-UC1 Raid Problem

if your RAID config tool stated it does not support the controllers, then either upgrade/update the RAID config tool or have the controllers examined. perhaps they need a firmware upgrade.

either way, it is clear your RAID is not functioning completely as expected. RAID 1, Mirror, should allow you to pull any disk and the other still boots/works as normal.

it sounds like if you can fix it, it requires a SmartStart refresh from scratch and verify the RAID/controllers are communicating properly.

I have loaded the latest RAID Config Tool to no avail. I have the latest Smartstart CD and it also doesn't recognise the controllers. However it does detect an Intel 82801FR SATA Raid Controller. The management software for this, crashed the server and I had to recover it.

From within the OS I can see in the System that the controller is an Adaptec Embedded SATA HostRaid controller. but I cannot find any firmware updates or management software for this controller on the Adaptec or HP sites.

thanks for all your help so far. any other ideas?

All,

I have managed to get it working. I downloaded the Raid controller driver update and a different Raid Array management tool. The Raid array driver is for an HP Embedded SATA Raid Controller but it is the same as the Adaptec Embedded SATA HostRaid controller. Also the HP Storage Manager is actually a Adaptec Storage Manager.

Cheers,

John

John,

Similar issue. Wonder when you said it's working, does it also imply you can unplug one of the disks now and another one can be booted up without any OS and CCM installation from scratch? Thank you in advance.

Yes, everything is working now and the adaptec storage manager lets you monitor the state of the array from within the OS.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content